Soon, many Americans will be getting ready for Thanksgiving Day. For many, that means traveling near and far to visit loved ones. Since it will be the busiest travel season of the year, we want to make sure your vehicle is in tip-top shape to get to your family safely. Here are our top car care tips for road travel:
- Monitor coolant levels - Check on this fluid to prevent overheating. Your coolant should be flushed out every couple of years.
- Have motor oil changed - Clean oil will ensure a safe journey. If it has been 3,000 miles or more, it is better safe than sorry to make sure your engine is properly lubricated.
- Test the battery - With temperatures dropping in most places, your battery may grow weak. Come on by for a battery test to see if your battery can handle smooth start-ups over the holidays.
- Make sure the heater and defrosters work - These help you keep warm and stay comfortable on the road.
- Check tire tread depth and tire pressure - Your car tires are some of the most important parts when traveling on the open road. Replace your tires with winter tires if necessary.
- Replace wiper blades - If it has been 6+ months since you last replaced your wipers, consider swapping them out now. The busy holidays are coming up, and you might forget!
- Don’t run your gas too low - The last thing we want is for you to cut it close or, worse, get stuck for Thanksgiving. Plus, letting it run too low can harm your car’s fuel system.
Let’s all act with good intentions this year and make sure our vehicles are fit to handle the roads. With a well-maintained vehicle, you will make it through the most congested traffic and the slickest of roads safely without costly repairs or unwanted breakdowns.
For all your automotive needs, please call or visit the auto service specialists at Chahel Automotive today!